The TL;DR (Too Long;Didn’t Read) Bottom Line
Doctor SIM (doctorsim.com) offers phone SIM unlocking services for most phones and carriers globally, as well as a top up service. Their prices are among the most expensive and it may take up to 35 days to unlock your phone, but they are reliable and offer superb support.
DoctorSIM Review Overview
DoctorSIM is a Spain-based phone unlocking provider that offers reliable services but at expensive prices. They can unlock most phones within a few days or weeks, check blacklisted status of your phone and can even top up your phone plan, data and minutes. Their refund policy is limited to specific situations, and they don’t offer refunds in cases such as blacklisted, reported or blocked phones or placing orders with wrong information. Reviews are conflicting, with some users praising their services and others experiencing dissatisfaction with their refund policy.
- Services: Carrier Unlock, Mobile Top-Up, IMEI Check
- Order Process: Order Online
- Turnaround Time: 2 to 35 days
- HQ Location: Spain
- Years In Business: Launched in 2007
- Payment Methods: Credit card, Paypal & Crypto
- Refund Policy: Refunds limited to specific situations. See below.
- Customer Support: Email Support only
What is DoctorSIM?
DoctorSIM was founded in 2007 with the vision of bringing clarity and transparency to the tangled and chaotic world of global mobile telephony. The brand’s objective is to offer all kinds of telephony and savings services with a modern and advanced technological service.
At DoctorSIM, you can receive comprehensive assistance for various mobile phone-related services. They have the capability to permanently unlock carrier locks for different phone brands and models, whether Android phones or iPhones. The process to unlock the phone involves only three steps: selecting the iPhone model, completing a brief form, and making the necessary payment. Afterward, they will send an email with instructions for the next steps.
- Carrier Unlocking: Online unlocking service for thousands of cell phones and devices so that they can be used with any cell network/carrier in any country.
- IMEI Check: Get a complete report on the status of your cell phone completely free. Check your cell phone and discover if the operator reports the IMEI due to a situation of loss, theft or non-payment
- Balance Recharge: Recharge the balance of any cell phone in doctorSIM. You can send money to your friends and family 100% online and secure. No hidden fees.
- Legal and permanent
- 24×7 customer support and guidance
- This method ensures the iOS devices warranty
- The fastest and safest way to unlock the phone
DoctorSIM’s prices for Unlocking Phones vary greatly depending on the phone model, make, country, network provider and status.
Their prices for the unlock service from U.S. network carriers are not cheap at all, and range from $36 for Verizon, up to $350 for AT&T and T-Mobile unlocks, with turnaround times averaging 5 to 30 days.
Doctorsim unlock service also charges $6 to check if your phone is eligible for unlocking before you can order the unlocking service. This is something many other unlocking companies offer for free or included in their premium service.
DoctorSIM Coupon Codes
We couldn’t find any coupon codes online for DoctorSIM. All of the coupons we found online were either fake or did not work.
Customers have frequently expressed their dissatisfaction with DoctorSIM regarding the lack of refunds in the event of issues. Although the company has a refund policy that is clearly stated on its website, many people tend to overlook the details. Therefore, we have simplified the process for you below to help you understand how to obtain a refund and the necessary steps to take if you encounter any problems.
How To Get A Refund
DoctorSIM offers refunds for only two types of scenarios. They are as follows:
1. The unlock code does not exist.
If the unlock code for your phone is not available and you followed their guidelines, doctorSIM will refund your money.
2. Incorrect unlock code and/or instructions.
Video proof will be required if the unlock code does not work. The client must send an uncut video dialing *#06# to display the IMEI on the phone and typing the unlock code provided by doctorSIM. The image must be sharp enough to show the keys, display screen texts clearly and should show the device at all times. The video helps doctorSIM detect errors during the unlocking process. In these cases, doctorSIM will contact the customer via e-mail to solve the problem. Otherwise, if the unlock code happens to be incorrect, doctorSIM will request a second code free of charge or issue a refund.
DoctorSIM’s refunds will be processed within 2-3 business days.
No Refund Scenarios
DoctorSIM’s refund policy details cases where they WILL NOT issue you a refund. Please make sure to read carefully before ordering from them:
- Blacklisted, Reported or Blocked phones — These phones will remain inoperable despite any attempt to unlock them. If you have found or bought a phone from a stranger, make sure it has not been blacklisted/reported or blocked before requesting an unlock code. doctorSIM will not issue refunds for such phones.
- No Remaining Unlocking Attempts — Some phones have limited unlocked attempts. Once these have been exhausted unlocking the phone via IMEI will not be possible unless the counter is reset. This reset is not always possible for some phones. We recommend our customers contact doctorSIM before exhausting unlocking attempts to find alternative solutions. doctorSIM will not issue refunds if the phone has exhausted its unlocking attempts but will try to solve the problem for the customer.
- Free/Unlocked Devices — If your phone is already unlocked, they will not issue a refund. Make sure your phone is locked and in need of their specific services.
- Placing orders with wrong information — Requests with the wrong IMEI number, serial number, make, model, network provider or e-mail address will not be refunded. Please check the details of your request before checkout.
- Software and/or hardware modifications — Any sort of modification to the original software and hardware settings of the phone that might interfere with the functioning of the unlock code and instructions supplied by doctorSIM.
- Same unlocking request placed with another unlocking company or the original network carrier — DoctorSIM will not issue refunds if you have placed the same request in parallel with another unlocking company or the original network carrier. Processing a request incurs an internal cost to doctorSIM which cannot be reclaimed after the 10-minute grace period we offer to cancel or modify requests has expired.
Is Doctor SIM safe?
Yes, DoctorSIM is safe to use and do business with. They have been around since 2007 and has unlocked over 5 millions phones. They’re based in Spain and are fairly transparent. All services are remote and do not require physical or virtual access to your phone — it’s all done from the carrier’s side. They guarantee that all services they offer are legal, safe and will not void your warranty.
Does DoctorSIM unlock blacklisted phones?
No, DoctorSIM cannot unlock or clean blacklisted phones. You should note that DoctorsSIM cannot delete any phones from the blacklist status. Until the legal owner has resolved the problem, which led to the phone’s initial report, it will be banned from the Blacklist.
In recent years, DoctorSim was also a finalist several times at the SIMO Nursery Award. More than 85 % of users gave a 5-star rating which visually showed the quality of services.
Read and check out DoctorSIM reviews, photos and experiences from real customers and users across the web. Submit your own review and experience about DoctorSIM to share with other readers and potential customers, and leave your mark.
Great service I’m actually amazed, These guys are professionals no one could unlock my S10+ and the guy did it within minutes with remote assistance.
Great staff, honest, and gives attention to every need. Pretty straightforward on cost upfront a well within reasonable! Love getting all my phones unlocked through here when possible. They just get it done period!
Doctor sim confirmed in prior ability to unlock the phone. What I got instead was a message with useless information and no unlock code. This can also be called fraudulent intent.
iPhone XR Simple Mobile Unlocked
They unlocked my iphone xr on Simple mobile in just under 5 days. Very good. Would reocmmend
Unlock worked for my Samsung.
I ordered from DoctorSIM and it worked just as promised. My samsung was unlocked a little over 2 days.