If you’re looking to unlock your Alcatel phone, we’ve got detailed step-by-step unlocking instructions, a list of the best websites to get unlock codes for any Alcatel device, and troubleshooting solutions to almost any problem you run into when unlocking it. Let’s get right to it.
Unlocking an Alcatel phone requires a few things (we made sure not to leave anything out)
- You physically have access to the Alcatel Phone
- SIM card from another carrier (Optional but recommended)
- Alcatel Unlock Code (Free or bought from an unlocking site)
- The device requests an “Unlock” or “Network” code when you insert a new SIM
- Clean Fingers (at least a thumb or index finger) to enter the unlock code on the device
- Built-up excitement for when the phone finally unlocks
You probably have all of these (Excellent!), or all but the unlock code. If you need your code, check our list of the top Alcatel unlocking site here. If you’re missing someone else aside from the unlock code — get your $h!t together man! We have an Alcatel phone to unlock here.
Types of Alcatel Unlock Codes
Is there more than just one type of unlock code? YES, and your Alcatel phone may prompt for a certain code based on various factors, and how many failed attempts you’ve made. Here’s a list of the types of codes your phone may ask you for:
- NCK (Network Code Key / Network Unlock Key) — Use this code and only this code if your Alcatel mobile phone prompts for a “SIM Network Unlock Pin”
- NSCK — Network Subset Code Key — Use this code if your device prompts for a “Network Subset Code” or “Network Subsidy Code”
- SPCK (Service Provider Code Key / Service Provider Unlock Code) — Use this code if your Alcatel device asks for the “Service Provider code”
Sometimes these codes are all different, and other times they’re all the same. Both cases are normal, so don’t freak out.
Getting Your Alcatel Unlock Code
The next step is to order an unlock code from a reputable unlocking service, like the ones listed here – they usually email the unlocking code within 24 hours. Some provide codes for free or very cheap if you request them.
In all cases, Alcatel unlock codes are permanent, and the phone will remain unlocked even after a software update or factory data wipe.
Method 1: How To Unlock Alcatel w/ New SIM (Most Models)
Follow the instructions below for the standard and most common unlocking method to unlock Alcatel mobile phone with an Unlock Code with the new SIM card you want to use.
- Shut Down your Alcatel device
- Remove the old SIM & Insert the New SIM
- Power on your phone with a sim card
- The phone will prompt for a Network Unlock Pin or Code
- Enter the unlock code requested (get your here)
- Double-check before you submit it (You only get 10 tries)
- Your Alcatel phone is now unlocked!
Method 2: Unlock Alcatel w/o SIM Card (531 & 535)
If you don’t have a new SIM card, no worries. You can still unlock your Alcatel phone with method 2. This is also the required unlocking method for Alcatel Model 531 & 535.
- Turn off your device & remove SIM Card
- Turn on the phone without a sim card
- Dial and hold “*” and type 787292
- The “Unlock Network” should appear. Select “YES”
- Enter the unlock code (NCK code in most cases)
- Your phone is now unlocked!
What If My Alcatel phone does not prompt for a network unlock code.
In this situation, it could be one of the following reasons:
– Your Alcatel device is already unlocked
– Sim card slot is broken
– Your device’s IMEI is blacklisted by the original carrier
– The phone requires an alternative way to unlock
If your device does not prompt for a code, please reach out to any or all of the top unlocking companies. There are always ways to unlock an Alcatel.
“I input the code and received “Code Error” or “Sim Network Unlock Unsuccessful.”
You may have entered the wrong unlock code. Make sure your chubby fingers don’t mistype and verify you’re entering the correct code. Don’t keep trying the same code again if it doesn’t work — it’s not like the phone is going to change its mind.
If this issue persists, contact the unlocking site that you used and they’ll fix it or give you a refund (if you choose one with a 100% money-back guarantee). If you used an unlocking provider that doesn’t issue refunds – you might need to order from one that does next time.
“I unlocked the Alcatel phone, but I’m not able to use data or send/receive MMS.”
In order to use data or send/receive MMS with your unlocked Alcatel phone, you will need to configure the APN (Access Point Name) settings on the device. You can find information about the APN settings for your specific carrier by contacting the carrier or by searching online. Once you have configured the APN settings, you should be able to use data and send/receive MMS.
My Phone is asking for the “PUK” or “Security Pin” or “Password”:
If your Alcatel phone is asking for one of the above codes, that means it’s asking for the device or sim card passcode lock set on the phone by the current or previous owner. You can read instructions for removing Alcatel passcodes here. Once you input this code, you will then be able to input the network unlock code.
Can I unlock an Alcatel phone remotely without an unlock code?
Yes, some SIM unlocking providers offer codeless Alcatel phone unlocking services. Some require only an IMEI number, while others require USB, PC and unlocking software.